CFP DEADLINE EXTENDED July 15: Digital Society and Higher Education: Impact and Consequences for Policy
EPAA/AAPE Call for Papers (Extended)
Digital Society and Higher Education: Impact and Consequences for Policy
Guest Editors: Germán Álvarez-Mendiola, Wietse de Vries, and Hans G. Schuetze
Special Topic: Digital Society and Higher Education: Impact and Consequences for Policy
Education Policy Analysis Archives (EPAA/AAPE) announces a call for papers for a special issue on the impacts of digital society on higher education and implications for education policy. With the focus on public and institutional policies and reforms and from a multidisciplinary perspective (theoretical and empirical), this special issue aims to discuss the consequences of the transition to digital society for higher education in topics such as:
• New sources and modes for research, e.g. big data, simulation, machine learning.
• New scientific disciplines and protocols.
• New ways to disseminate research, e.g. open access (MOOCs), the end of traditional academic journals and monographs, the role of intellectual capital and its distribution and protection in collective research and teaching.
• Consequences of the changing knowledge production on evaluation systems and academic careers, e.g. ‘impact’ factors and other tools of scientific metrics.
• Public and institutional policies for the use of information and communication technologies in face-to-face learning and online open programs.
• Governance in the digital HEIs: the place(s) of senates, departments, faculty unions, community interest groups, government and leadership.
• Policies to prevent, monitor and sanction plagiarism, forged data and other dishonest academic behavior.
The goal is to provide insights for researchers, higher education policymakers, and higher education leaders who seek to expand the understanding on the impacts of digital society on higher education, and to explore ways to impulse it, aiming to contribute to sustainable development and social justice in all countries. Authors should submit articles preferably in English, but articles in Spanish and Portuguese will also be accepted.
Submission Information: Potential authors should submit manuscripts by July 15, 2020, to the journal section, Digital Society and Higher Education, at http://epaa.asu.edu/ All manuscripts should be submitted electronically through the EPAA website and follow the Journal’s submission guidelines.
Submission deadline: July 15, 2020
Editorial decisions: October 30, 2020
Revised deadline manuscript: December 15, 2020
Anticipated publication: March 1, 2021
Please direct any questions about this special issue to the guest editors:
Germán Álvarez-Mendiola (Departamento de Investigaciones Educativas, Centro de Investigación y de Estudios Avanzados, Unidad Coapa) email@example.com
Wietse de Vries (Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla) firstname.lastname@example.org
Hans G. Schuetze (Professor Emeritus, University of British Columbia) email@example.com