About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Education Policy Analysis Archives/Archivos Analíticos de Políticas Educativas/Arquivos Analíticos de Políticas Educativas (EPAA/AAPE; ISSN 1068-2341) is a peer-reviewed, open-access, international, multilingual, and multidisciplinary journal designed for researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and development analysts concerned with education policies.
EPAA/AAPE accepts unpublished original manuscripts in English, Spanish, and Portuguese that address educational policy and policymaking across conceptual and methodological perspectives, time, or place.
For EPAA/AAPE, “inclusiveness” is a key criterion of an excellent journal. EPAA/AAPE does not have a pre-determined number of submissions to be rejected and/or published. The editorial team believes that a journal's quality should be assessed based on the articles that we publish, not the percentage of articles that we reject.
EPAA/AAPE publishes articles and special issues at roughly weekly intervals. When evaluating manuscripts for publication we prioritize:
- empirical works (e.g., analytical pieces in which authors collect and analyze data in systemic ways that are clearly and explicitly described);
- manuscripts that contribute to our current thought and knowledge about the area(s) of research examined (e.g., the work provides compelling evidence that expands, corrects, or strengthens current conceptual and/or methodological discussions within the field; the work presents original data; or the work re-uses existing data while applying novel methodologies); and
- manuscripts that directly address educational policy, are situated within relevant educational policy literatures, have explicit implications for educational policy and, when relevant, are in dialogue with previously published EPAA/AAPE articles.
The Editorial Board may also consider other forms of educational policy-relevant articles such as:
- methodological or theoretical articles
- systematic literature reviews
Peer Review Process
Submissions to EPAA/AAPE are first assessed for general fit with the journal scope and for the quality of writing. Manuscripts sent out for full blind review are read by up to five referees. Review time is typically 4-6 months.
Given the increasing numbers of submissions and the demands required of editors and reviewers, EPAA/EPAA will not process submissions in English, Spanish, or Portuguese during the following periods each year:
- mid-December to mid-January
- the month of July
Scholars interested in reviewing for the journal may register at http://epaa.asu.edu/ojs/user/register and include 3-5 keywords describing their areas of interest and methodological and substantive expertise.
Your Publons profile has been transferred to Web of Science and is now a part of their researcher profile. Find out more about the Web of Science Reviewer Recognition (formerly Publons) and how to record and verify review assignments.
To get recognition for your peer review work for EPAA/AAPE, you may forward the “Thank you for reviewing” emails you receive from EPAA/AAPE to: email@example.com
EPAA/AAPE publishes articles weekly, except for four weeks from mid-December to mid-January and four weeks during the months of July and August.